Related provisions for SYSC 4.7.4
1 - 20 of 25 items.
(1) This section is about the FCA's requirements for statements of responsibilities.(2) However, in the case of a PRA-authorised person,6 where applications and notifications relate both to FCA-designated senior management functions and to PRA ones, the regulators’ requirements are consistent with each other.(3) The general material in this section (SUP 10C.11.13D5 to SUP 10C.11.35G) applies to statements of responsibilities submitted in all the cases covered by this section.
(1) This paragraph sets out non-exhaustive examples of potential changes which, in the FCA's view, may be significant and thus require the submission of a revised statement of responsibilities.(2) A variation of the FCA-approved SMF manager's approval, either at the firm's request or at the FCA's or (in the case of a PRA-authorised person),6PRA's initiative, resulting in the imposition, variation or removal of a condition or time limit, may involve a significant change.(3) Fulfilling
Table: Examples5 of how the requirements for submitting statements of responsibilities work1ExampleComments(1) A firm applies for approval for A to perform the executive director function5 and the money laundering reporting function5.There should be a single statement of responsibilities document that covers the two functions.The combined document should be included with the application for approval.(2) Firm X applies for approval for A to perform the executive director function5.
(1) SYSC or another part of the regulatory system will generally impose requirements (referred to as ‘prescribed requirements’ in this paragraph) that relate to a particular post or set of responsibilities. (2) For instance, these include:(a) the responsibilities that go with the FCA required functions; and(b) the FCA-prescribed senior management responsibilities and5 (in the case of a PRA-authorised person)6PRA-prescribed senior management responsibilities5.2(3) The allocation
(1) Where:(a) an FCA-prescribed senior management responsibility is divided or shared between several SMF managers5; or(b) any function allocated under SYSC 26 (Senior managers and certification regime: Overall and local responsibility) is shared between several SMF managers (if that chapter applies to the firm)5;25the statement of responsibilities for each SMF manager should:(c) explain why this has been done; and(d) give full details of the arrangements, including the names
(1) [deleted] [Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 26.3.2R(1)]5(2) [deleted] [Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 26.3.2R(2)]5(3) [deleted] [Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 26.3.2R(3)]5(4) [deleted] [Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 26.3.3R]5(5) [deleted]5(6) [deleted] [Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 26.4.3R]5(7) [deleted
(1) If a senior conduct rules staff member comes across a piece of information that is something of3 which they think the FCA or PRA could reasonably expect notice, they should determine whether that information falls within the scope of their responsibilities.5 For an SMF manager those responsibilities will be set out in that person’sstatement of responsibilities.52(2) If it does, then they should ensure that, if it is otherwise appropriate to do so, it is disclosed to the appropriate
(1) An FCA-approved SMF manager's job may change from time to time as a result, for instance, of a change in personal job responsibilities or a firm'sregulated activities. (2) Where the changes will involve the SMF manager performing one or more FCA-designated senior management functions different from those for which approval has already been granted, an application must be made to the FCA for approval for the SMF manager to perform those FCA-designated senior management functions.(3)
(1) A firm must notify the FCA no later than ten3business days after an FCA-approved SMF manager ceases to perform an FCA-designated senior management function.(2) It must make that notification by submitting to the FCA a completed Form C (SUP 10C Annex 5R4).(3) If: (a) the firm is also making an application for approval for that approved person to perform a controlled function within the same firm or group; and(b) ceasing to perform the FCA-designated senior management function
(1) A firm must use Form E (SUP 10C Annex 7D6) where an approved person:6(a) is both ceasing to perform one or more controlled functions; and6(b) needs to be approved in relation to one or more FCA-designated senior management function;6within the same firm or group.(2) A firm must not use Form E if the approved person has never before been approved to perform for any firm:(a) an FCA controlled function that is a significant influence function;(b) an FCA-designated senior management
If a person's job for a firm involves performing: (1) an FCA-designated senior management function, the firm should apply to the FCA for approval;(2) a PRA-designated senior management function, the firm should apply to the PRA for approval;(3) both an FCA-designated senior management function and a PRA-designated senior management function, the firm should apply to both the FCA and the PRA for approval (the purpose of SUP 10C.9 is to cut down the need for this sort of dual a
The FCA is under a duty, under section 59A of the Act (Specifying functions as controlled functions: supplementary), to exercise the power to specify any senior management function as an FCA controlled function in a way that it considers will minimise the likelihood that approvals need to be given by both the FCA and the PRA for the performance by a person of senior management functions in relation to the same PRA-authorised person.
Table: Examples of how the other local responsibility function appliesExampleComments(1) ‘A’ is allocated local responsibility for one of a branch’s main business lines. A is also appointed to perform a PRA-designated senior management function for the same branch. The firm is a PRA-authorised person5A only needs approval to perform the PRA-designated senior management function. (2) ‘A’ is outside the branch’s management structure and A’s responsibilities for the branch are limited
9(1) Depending on the nature, scale and complexity of its business, it may be appropriate for a firm to delegate much of the task of monitoring the appropriateness and effectiveness of its systems and controls to an internal audit function. An internal audit function should have clear responsibilities and reporting lines to an audit committee or appropriate senior manager, be adequately resourced and staffed by competent individuals, be independent of the day-to-day activities
(1) A firm must use Form E where an approved person is both ceasing to perform one or more controlled functions and needs to be approved in relation to one or more FCA controlled functions within the same firm or group.(2) A firm must not use Form E if: 2(a) the approved person has never before been approved to perform for any firm:2(i) an FCA controlled function that is2 a significant-influence function; or2(ii) an FCA-designated senior management function; or2(iii) a PRA controlled
Some of the distinguishing features of notices given under enactments other than the Act are as follows: (1) [deleted]66(2) [deleted]66(3) Friendly Societies Act 1992, section 58A1: The warning notice and decision notice must set out the terms of the direction which the FCA6 proposes or has decided to give and any specification of when the friendly society is to comply with it. A decision notice given under section 58A(3) must give an indication of the society's right, given by
Table: To whom does COCON apply? 99Persons to whom COCON appliesComments9(1) An SMF manager.9 (2) An employee (“P”) of a an SMCR firm12 who:9 (a) performs the function of an SMF manager;9 (b) is not an approved person to perform the function in question; and9 (c) is required to be an approved person at the time P performs that function.9 (3) An employee of an SMCR firm12 who would be performing an FCA-designated senior management function12 but for SUP 10C.3.13R (The 12-week