Related provisions for MCOB 4.4A.16
1 - 20 of 46 items.
Under the sub-heading 'Insurance you must take out through [insert name of mortgage lender or where relevant the name of the mortgage intermediary, or both]' the following information must be included if the lifetime mortgage7 requires the customer to take out insurance that is a tied product either through the mortgage lender or where relevant the mortgage intermediary:7(1) details of which insurance is a tied product;(2) for how long the customer is obliged to purchase the insurance;(3)
If the lifetime mortgage7 does not require the customer to take out insurance as a tied product, the sub-heading "Insurance you must take out through [insert name of mortgage lender and where relevant the name of the mortgage intermediary] "must be retained and a statement must be provided under this heading that the customer is not obliged to take out any insurance through the mortgage lender or, where relevant, the mortgage intermediary.7
An illustration provided to a customer must:(1) contain the material set out in MCOB 5 Annex 1 in the order and using the numbered section headings, sub-headings and prescribed text in MCOB 5 Annex 1, except where provided for in MCOB 5.6;(2) follow the layout of the template in MCOB 5 Annex 1 with:(a) prominent use of the Key facts3 logo followed by the text 'about this mortgage';33(b) each section clearly separated;(c) all the amounts to be paid in Sections 5, 6, 8 and 9 in
The amount referred to in MCOB 5.6.6 R(2) is:(1) in cases where on the basis of the information obtained from the customer before providing the illustration it is clear that the customer would not be eligible to borrow the amount he requested, an estimate of the amount that the customer could borrow based on the information obtained from the customer; or(2) where the regulated mortgage contract is a revolving credit agreement such as a secured overdraft or mortgage credit card:4(a)
MCOB 5.6.6 R sets out minimum requirements. The illustration may be personalised to a greater degree if the mortgage lender or mortgage intermediary wishes, subject to the restrictions on the information that can be obtained from the customer in MCOB 5.5.15 R when the illustration is provided in accordance with MCOB 5.5.1 R(2)(c).
Under the section heading 'Description of this mortgage' the illustration must:(1) state the name of the mortgage lender providing the regulated mortgage contract to which the illustration relates (a trading name used by the mortgage lender may also be stated in accordance with MCOB 5.6.2 R(6)), and the name, if any, used to market the regulated mortgage contract;(2) (a) provide a description of the interest rate type and rate of interest that applies in accordance with the format
Where all or part of the regulated mortgage contract to which the illustration relates is an interest-only mortgage:(1) the illustration must include the sub-heading 'Cost of repaying the capital' with the following text under it:'You will still owe [insert amount of loan on an interest-only basis] at the end of the mortgage term. You will need to make separate arrangements to repay this. When comparing the payments on this mortgage with a repayment mortgage, remember to add any
(1) Under the section heading 'Insurance' the illustration must include details of:(a) insurance which is a tied product; and(b) insurance which is required as a condition of the regulated mortgage contract which is not a tied product.(2) A firm may also provide details of insurance which it is optional for the customer to take out under this section heading.(3) It must be clear to the customer which products he is required to purchase under which circumstances (for example, where
(1) The information about the basis of remuneration required by MCOB 4.4A.1R (2) must include all relevant information, including the following details:(a) any fees which the firm will charge to the customer;(b) when any such fees will be payable and, if applicable, reimbursable; and(c) whether the firm will receive commission from the mortgage lender or another third party and, if applicable, whether any commission will be offset against any fees charged and the arrangements
2Where a customer is looking to increase the borrowing secured on a property which is the subject of an existing regulated mortgage contract, the firm must first inform the customer, either orally or in writing, that the following alternative finance options may be available and more appropriate for the customer:(1) a further advance from the existing lender, unless the firm knows that the existing lender will not make a further advance to the customer;(2) (a) a second charge
The information required by MCOB 4.4A.1 R, MCOB 4.4A.2 R, MCOB 4.4A.4R (1),2MCOB 4.4A.8 R and MCOB 4.4A.8A R2 must be communicated clearly and prominently, and in doing so:(1) an MCD mortgage adviser, or any other firm that is8 an MCD mortgage lender or an MCD mortgage arranger that provides advisory services within the meaning of article 4(21) of the MCD,8 must provide the information in MCOB 4.4A.1R(1) and (2) and MCOB 4.4A.8R(1)(a) and (2)(e)8 in a durable medium;22(a) [deleted]82(b)
The information required by MCOB 4.4A.1 R, MCOB 4.4A.2 R, MCOB 4.4A.4R(1) and (3)8, MCOB 4.4A.8 R and MCOB 4.4A.8A R2 must be provided:222(1) in the case of information required by MCOB 4.4A.1R (1) and MCOB 4.4A.1R (2), MCOB 4.4A.4R (1)(a) and (3), and MCOB 4.4A.8R (1)(a), (c) ,(d) and (2), where the firm is an MCD credit intermediary, in good time before carrying out any MCD credit intermediation activity; 2(1A) in the case of information required by MCOB 4.4A.1R(1) and (2)
(1) 2An MCD mortgage lender or an MCD credit intermediary may comply with MCOB 4.4A.18R (3) and (5) to MCOB 4.4A.18R (9) by providing an ESIS to the consumer prior to the conclusion of the MCD regulated mortgage contract. (2) Provided that the provisions of MCOB 4.4A on the methods and timing of disclosure are complied with, an MCD mortgage lender or an MCD credit intermediary may comply with MCOB 4.4A.18R (1), (2) and MCOB 4.4A.18R (4) by providing the necessary information in
(1) A firm must provide the customer with an illustration for a regulated mortgage contract before the customer submits an application for that particular regulated mortgage contract to a mortgage lender, unless an illustration for that particular regulated mortgage contract has already been provided.(2) Except in the circumstances in MCOB 5.5.1A R, a1firm must provide the customer with an illustration for a regulated mortgage contract when any of the following occurs, unless
The effect of the requirements at MCOB 5.3.1 R and MCOB 5.5.1 R(1) is that if a customer's application to enter into a regulated mortgage contract with a mortgage lender, made via a mortgage intermediary, is subsequently passed by that mortgage intermediary to another mortgage lender, then the mortgage intermediary must ensure that the application is amended and the customer is provided with an illustration for the other mortgage lender'sregulated mortgage contract before the
The firm dealing directly with the customer is responsible for ensuring compliance with the content and timing requirements, that is, a mortgage lender is not responsible for ensuring that a customer has received an illustration before accepting an application from a mortgage intermediary.
It is the responsibility of a mortgage intermediary to ensure compliance with MCOB 5.4.3 R. However, where a firm can show that it was reasonable for it to rely on information provided to it by another person, other than the mortgage lender, that an illustration was accurate, it 4 may be able to rely on MCOB 2.5.2 R, if this turns out not to be the case.4
Where the illustration provided to the customer does not contain an accurate quotation or a reasonable estimate of the payments the customer will need to make in connection with any tied product that the customer must take out with the regulated mortgage contract, and the customer applies for that regulated mortgage contract:(1) the firm must provide the customer with an accurate quotation as soon as possible after he has applied, and in good time before the offer document is
(1) If a firm offers to enter into an MCD regulated mortgage contract with a consumer, it must provide the consumer with a binding offer set out in an offer document. (2) The firm may also provide an ESIS. (3) The firm's offer in the offer document must be on the basis of the information in the ESIS relevant to that offer.(4) When an MCD mortgage lender provides the consumer with a binding offer, that offer must be accompanied by an ESIS where the characteristics of the offer
(1) If a firm offers to vary an MCD regulated mortgage contract with a consumer, it must provide the consumer with an offer document.(2) The firm may also provide an ESIS. (3) The firm's offer in the offer document must be on the basis of the information in the ESIS relevant to that offer. (4) When an MCD mortgage lender offers to vary an MCD regulated mortgage contract with a consumer, the offer document must be accompanied by an ESIS where:(a) the characteristics of the offer
(1) MCOB 6A.3.1 R does not prevent a binding offer from being subject to lawful conditions, including conditions which make the binding offer subject to one or more of the matters listed below:(a) there being no material change to the facts and circumstances relating to the binding offer which occurs after the date on which the binding offer is made;(b) the fact that the consumer has not knowingly provided incomplete or inaccurate information for the purpose of the assessment
(1) Where an MCD mortgage lender provides the consumer with a binding offer, it must give the consumer a reflection period of at least seven days.(2) The MCD mortgage lender must ensure that, during the reflection period:(a) the offer remains binding on the MCD mortgage lender;(b) the consumer may accept the offer at any time.[Note: article 14(6) of the MCD]
(1) A firm must provide the consumer with an ESIS for an MCD regulated mortgage contract before the consumer submits an application for that MCD regulated mortgage contract to an MCD mortgage lender, unless an ESIS for that MCD regulated mortgage contract has already been provided.(2) Except in the circumstances in MCOB 5A.4.2 R, a firm must provide the consumer with an ESIS for an MCD regulated mortgage contract when any of the following occurs, unless an ESIS for that MCD regulated
The effect of MCOB 5A.2.1 R and MCOB 5A.4.1R (1) is that, if a consumer's application to enter into an MCD regulated mortgage contract with a MCD mortgage lender, made through an MCD credit intermediary, is subsequently passed by that firm to another MCD mortgage lender, then the firm must ensure that the application is amended and the consumer is provided with an ESIS for the other MCD mortgage lender'sMCD regulated mortgage contract before the application is passed to the other
An MCD mortgage arranger (unless it is also acting as3 an MCD mortgage lender and3 carrying out a3 direct sale of the proposed regulated mortgage contract3) must, in good time before carrying out any MCD mortgage credit intermediation activity, provide the consumer with at least the following information in a durable medium: (1) the identity and the geographical address of the MCD mortgage arranger2;(2) the Financial Services Register or other registers in which the MCD mortgage
An MCD mortgage credit intermediary who is not a tied MCD mortgage credit intermediary (unless it is also acting as3 an MCD mortgage lender and3 carrying out a3 direct sale of the proposed regulated mortgage contract3), but who receives commission from one or more MCD mortgage lenders must, at the consumer's request, provide information on the variation in levels of commission payable by the MCD mortgage lenders providing the MCD regulated mortgage contract being offered to the
(1) One consequence of MCOB 6.4.4 R(5)(b) is that the mortgage lender will need to know, for each individual transaction arranged by a mortgage intermediary, whether or not the customer has received advice from that mortgage intermediary.(2) When complying with MCOB 6.4.4 R(5)(b), mortgage lenders may wish to include a statement after the level of service in Section 2 confirming that the level of service described was given by another firm, and explaining that they, as the mortgage
In addition to the information required by MCOB 6.4.13 R, a firm may include information about how to complain to any other firm about the services that firm provided to the customer in relation to the regulated mortgage contract. For example, where the customer received advice from another firm, a mortgage lender may include contact details for the firm that provided the advice.
(1) An MCD mortgage lender must specify in a fair, clear and not misleading way, in good time before assessing affordability of a MCD regulated mortgage contract, to a consumer:(a) all the necessary information and independently verifiable evidence that the consumer needs to provide; and(b) the timeframe within which the consumer needs to provide the information or evidence.(2) A request for information or evidence under (1) must be proportionate and limited to what is necessary
(1) Where an MCD mortgage lender rejects a consumer's application for an MCD regulated mortgage contract, the MCD mortgage lender must inform the consumer without delay:(a) of the rejection and, where applicable, that the decision is based on automated processing of data; and(b) where the rejection is based on the result of the database consultation, of the result of such consultation and of the particulars of the database consulted.[Note: article 18(5)(c) of the MCD](2) No obligation
Where the customer has, in accordance with the terms of the regulated mortgage contract, taken up an additional tranche of borrowing on a mortgage that is released in tranches and this did not require any further approval of the mortgage lender, a firm must provide confirmation as soon as possible of:(1) the new amount owed by the customer under the regulated mortgage contract; (2) the amount of each payment that is due; and(3) the interest rate charged.
As soon as a SRB agreement provider has provided the written pre-offer document at Stage One to a SRB agreement seller who is in arrears under his regulated mortgage contract or home purchase plan on the property to which the proposed regulated sale and rent back agreement relates, it must, in a durable medium, immediately notify the mortgage lender, home purchase provider or the providers of other loans that may be secured on the property:(1) explaining that the firm is proposing
Before a consumer submits an application to a firm for a further advance on an existing or new MCD regulated mortgage contract or for a further advance that is a new MCD regulated mortgage contract, if the further advance requires the approval of the MCD mortgage lender, the firm must provide the consumer with an ESIS that complies with MCOB 5A (MCD pre-application disclosure) and MCOB 7B.1.4 R for the further advance, unless an ESIS has already been provided.
Where the customer is looking to increase the borrowing secured on the property which is the subject of an existing regulated mortgage contract, a firm must inform the customer (either orally or in writing) that it may be possible, and more appropriate, for the customer to take a further advance with the existing lender rather than entering into an equity release transaction with another provider.
If a firm makes an offer to a consumer2 with a view to entering into a regulated mortgage contract which is a distance contract, it must provide the consumer2 with the following information with the offer document:232(1) the EEA State or States whose laws are taken by the firm as a basis for the establishment of relations with the customer prior to the conclusion of the regulated mortgage contract;(2) any contractual clause on law applicable to the regulated mortgage contract