Related provisions for CREDS 2.2.70
1 - 15 of 15 items.
(1) [deleted] Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 24.2.1R]66(2) [deleted]66(3) [deleted]6(4) [deleted]66(5) [deleted] Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 24.2.3R(1)]6(6) [deleted] Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 24.2.3R(2)]66(7) [deleted] Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 24.2.4R]6
(1) Where two or more SMF managers share a responsibility, each will be individually responsible for everything included in that responsibility, including anything inherent in that responsibility (see SUP 10C.11.29G for inherent responsibilities).(2) Where:(a) a responsibility is divided between several SMF managers; but(b) some part of the responsibility has not clearly been allocated to any of them;it should be assumed that that part is the joint responsibility of all of th
65(1) SYSC 24 says that certain SMCR firms, including a credit union, should6 allocate a number of specified management responsibilities (called FCA-prescribed senior management responsibilities) to one or more of their SMF managers6. (2) SYSC 26 says that certain SMCR firms, including a credit union, should6 ensure that, at all times, one or more of their6SMF managers have overall responsibility for each of the activities, business areas and management functions of the firm.
(1) A firm20 must allocate to a director or senior manager the function of:8818(a) having responsibility for oversight of the firm's compliance; and(b) reporting to the governing body in respect of that responsibility.1(2) In 10 (1) "compliance" means compliance with the firm’s obligations under the regulatory system in relation to which the FCA has responsibility.20
(1) [deleted]41(2) As a consequence of CASS 11.3.4R4, in a CASS large debt management firm (including a not-for-profit debt advice body fitting into that category) the function described in CASS 11.3.4R is required to be discharged by a director or senior manager.1(3) [deleted]4313(4) [deleted]413(4A) 3For an SMCR firm, the function in CASS 11.3.4R is not a separate controlled function and performing that function does not require approval as an approved person. Paragraphs (5)
(1) (a) This paragraph CASS 1A.3.1BG describes how CASS 1A.3.1AR applies to SMCR firms.8343(b) The8 function in CASS 1A.3.1AR is not a separate controlled function and performing that function does not require approval as an approved person. 837(c) 7However, nothing in paragraphs (1A) to (4) affects the requirement for the function in CASS 1A.3.1AR to be allocated to a single director or senior manager of sufficient skill and authority in accordance with CASS 1A.3.1AR and CASS
(1) A UK SMCR banking firm4 is required under SYSC 24.2.1R4 to allocate the FCA-prescribed senior management responsibility for acting as the firm’swhistleblowers’ champion. 242(2) SYSC 18.4.2R requires the appointment by an insurer of a director or senior manager as its whistleblowers’ champion. (3) This section sets out the role of the whistleblowers’ champion.(4) The FCA expects that a firm will appoint a non-executive director as its whistleblowers’ champion. A firm that does
ModuleRelevance to Credit UnionsThe Principles for Businesses (PRIN)The Principles for Businesses (PRIN) set out 3high-level requirements 3imposed by the FCA3. They provide a general statement of regulatory requirements. The Principles apply to all9credit unions. In applying the Principles to credit unions, the FCA3 will be mindful of proportionality. In practice, the implications are likely to vary according to the size and complexity 3of the credit union.99999Senior Management