Related provisions for COBS 2.4.1
1 - 7 of 7 items.
A firm must provide a client6 with information on costs and associated charges including, if applicable:(1) the total price to be paid by the client in connection with the designated investment or the designated investment business6,including all related fees, commissions, charges and expenses, and all taxes payable via the firm or, if an exact price cannot be indicated, the basis for the calculation of the total price so that the client can verify it. The commissions charged
(1) A firm must provide a client with the information required by this section in good time before the provision of designated investment business6 unless otherwise provided by this rule.(2) A firm may instead provide that information immediately after starting to provide designated investment business6 if:(a) the firm was unable to comply with (1) because, at the request of the client, the agreement was concluded using a means of distance communication2 which prevented the firm
(1) A firm must ensure that information contained in a financial promotion is consistent with any information the firm provides to a retail client in the course of carrying on designated investment business6.6(2) This rule does not apply to a financial promotion to the extent that it relates 6a pure protection contract that is a long-term care insurance contract.
(1) 1This chapter applies to a firm in relation to designated investment business carried on for a retail client3. (2) [deleted]3(3) But this chapter does not apply to: (a) 3a firm in relation to its MiFID, equivalent third country or optional exemption business; or(b) 3subject to (3A),4 a firm to the extent that it is effecting contracts of insurance in relation to a life policy issued or to be issued by the firm as principal.(3A) COBS 8.1.4R and COBS 8.1.5R apply to a firm carrying
(1) A firm must, in good time before a client3 is bound by any agreement relating to designated investment business3 or before the provision of those services, whichever is the earlier, provide that client with:(a) the terms of any such agreement; and(b) the information about the firm and its services relating to that agreement or to those services required by COBS 6.1.4 R, including information on communications, conflicts of interest and authorised status.(2) A firm must provide
(1) Subject to (3) and (4), a firm must ensure that a direct offer financial promotion that is addressed to, or disseminated in such a way that it is likely to be received by, a retail client contains:(a) 11the information referred to in the rules on information disclosure (COBS 6.1.4 R, COBS 6.1.6 R, COBS 6.1.7 R, COBS 6.1.9 R, COBS 14.3.2 R, COBS 14.3.3 R, COBS 14.3.4 R and COBS 14.3.5 R) as is relevant to that offer or invitation; and11(b) 11additional appropriate information
The sections in this chapter on general notifications (COBS 3.3) and policies, procedures and records (COBS 3.8) do not apply in relation to a firm that is neither:(1) conducting designated investment business; nor(2) in the case of MiFID or equivalent third country business providing an ancillary service that does not constitute designated investment business.